I’m not a financial planner or a doctor or a nutritionist. I don’t have a fancy title, I just go by “mom”. This is a blog about real family life, not one out of a perfectly staged Instagram post. This is about real food, real budgets, real messes, real life. My life.
Happiness isn’t defined by things or titles or statuses. Happiness is a choice and one that we make daily. We can choose to be happy about where we are in our life and what we have or we can choose to change that.
I wasn’t happy with our health or our finances and wanted to make a change. I knew it wouldn’t make us happier but the changes would allow us to share and enjoy our happiness more. This is our story.
1. I have three wonderful kids, a very handy husband and one lazy cat.
2. Even though I’ve moved around a little bit and have settled back in Arizona, I’m truly a small-town girl at heart, I grew up in a little town in the middle of Iowa; our town’s claim-to-fame is the 100 year old working antique carousel and the Story Theatre/Grand Opera House which happens to be the oldest continuously operating theater in the Midwest and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
3. I was named after an old black and white movie that my parents saw when my mother was pregnant with me, “Let’s Scare Jessica To Death”. And then they couldn’t come up with a middle name for me.
4. I love all things crafty, I’ve tried just about everything out there at least once and have the stash to prove it.
5. Someday I want to write a novel.
6. I believe you should celebrate life and tell your story.
7. Just because 7 is my favorite number (as well as 3).
8. I dream of someday touring the beautiful green and misty English and Scottish countryside…someday.
9. I ❤ shopping for treasures, especially at thrift stores, garage sales and estate sales.
10. Trying to eat healthier and live healthier. Getting old is hard, folks.
11. I love the idea of making my own cleaning products from scratch but I’m too lazy.
12. Everyone in my family has a nickname.
13. I love the idea of being organized, but… see #11.
14. I love making lists…..duh.