I made the yummiest, creamiest salad dressing ever this weekend and I can’t stop eating eat. I am putting it on everything it is so good!
I started with this wonderful Southwest Chicken Salad that I made Saturday night and wanted a dressing that was a little more exciting then Ranch and a little more Southwestern than Vinaigrette. I had a bunch of limes and avocados so I knew that was it. I just googled ‘creamy avocado dressing’ and ended up mashing a few of them together with what I had on hand and left out the Cilantro – I really don’t like it at all. I thought about putting a cucumber in to add those beautiful green flecks but didn’t have any on hand so maybe I will try that next time.
And by next time I mean next weekend. It’s almost gone…
Southwest Chicken Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 large bunch of lettuce greens, I used romaine, sliced into thin ribbon shreds
- 1 bag of sweet corn, warmed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 (leftover in my case) grilled lime chicken breasts, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 avocado
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, drizzled while blending
- Splash of Champagne Vinegar (or any white vinegar)
- 1 healthy Tbsp minced garlic
- S/P to taste
Lay shredded lettuce on platter or plate. Sprinkle corn, tomatoes, beans, chicken and diced avocado down in “stripes” or sprinkle on. Mix all ingredients except olive oil in a blender on high while drizzling in the olive oil. The dressing is thick so you can add water while blending to thin it out our leave it as is like I did and spoon it on the salad!
Would also make a good dip for veggies.